Group Project!

This weeks project was not exactly what I expected it to be, but I am in no way disappointed. The division between the two rooms made the space somehow feel larger, creating not two smaller rooms but two different "worlds" of art. The spaces each had their own corners and areas that were separate, but each part in each area fit with the rest of the space, and both spaces fit with each other.

The biggest contribution I made was bringing thumb tacks and T-pins. Those were used to hang up a lot of parts of the installation. I am proud of this less visible but still important addition. I also helped some others with their efforts, including helping clean up and helping hang strings. 

Here is the only evidence I have of my contribution to the "art" in the space:

A dick joke. Of course. At the time, it was cute, fitting, and just part of the chaos. It matched the crude and horny underwear hangings. Situated near the floor by the entrance, I figured it was in a discreet enough spot, but still a nice little taste of what's to come. Now that I'm writing it down, it's a bit embarrassing. (Mostly for being crass, but I also could have done so much better drawing the... stuff.) I didn't remember to take any other pictures than that, even of my other little gem: a fake power outlet. It felt like more of an experience or a memory than a still piece or setting of art. I hope viewers walking through the exhibit can imagine what it was like to set this up and have their own silly little experience, as well. What is an installation if not that? 

Comments

Popular Posts